I like easy meals.
Easy delicious meals.
I made this recipe last week. And it was great. Easy. And did I mention delicious?
The hempseed adds a little nutty-health boost, and works well with the tuna. The flavours are simple, and if you like playing with recipes, the world is your oyster with something like this!
Tuna & Hempseed Patties
Servings: 1.5 (or 1 very hungry person)
Time: ~25 minutes
1 can flaked tuna, drained
1 tbsp bread crumbs
2 tbsp hempseeds
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh cilantro (~1 tsp dried)
Optional: 1-2 tsp fajita spice mix
1. Place tuna in a bowl, and using a fork “mash” it until you have mostly similar sized flakes.
2. Add all the remaining ingredients to the bowl, and mix until it begins to stick together.
3. Divide mixture into three even sized balls, and press into a patty shape, ~roughly 1/2” thick.
3. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place patties in the pan, and fry on both sides until browned, and patties are heated through.
4. Serve with crispy baked cauliflower or rice or a salad!
See, easier than pie!