I go to the gyms in the mornings, I habit I’ve finally cultivated and absolutely love. But it does make it tight for getting to work. This breakfast which I heard about through Fitting It All In, and found the recipe for at Kath Eats Real Food is making things easy.
Get home from gym, start the coffee, throw a “baked oatmeal square” in the oven and voila! breakfast is ready as soon as I’m done showering.
1.25 cups large flake oats
1 cup milk
0.5 cups egg whites
3 ripe bananas (2 works as well, I just wanted some added sweetness)
1 tsp vanilla
Optional: sprinkle of brown sugar
1. Turn oven to 375. Mix oatmeal and milk and let soak. Spray a 9×9 inch baking dish.
2. Meanwhile mash 1.5 bananas and then mix with the egg whites and vanilla until well combined. Slice the other 1.5 banana.
3. Mix all ingredients together, and pour into baking dish.
4. Cook for ~25minutes – at about 20 minutes remove from oven and sprinkle on the brown sugar, this gives it a pretty “caramelized” look. (you might need to cook longer, my oven is quite hot for some reason).
5. Serve with favourite topping (the picture above is peanut butter of course). Enjoy!