I made this soup earlier this week when I had some friends over for dinner. Originally my plan was lasagne, but after talking with another friend over the weekend (and she mentioned how she’s been making this roasted vegetable soup) I changed my mind.
So on my way home I stopped at the grocery store to pick up the ingredients. Honestly it was a bit of a whim, but I threw it all together, and what do you know, it turned out amazing. Creamy (I did use coconut milk), flavourful, delicious but simple
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper & Squash Soup
4 Red Bell Peppers
1 Medium sized squash
4-5 cloves of garlic (<—you could totally use an entire bulb, go for it!)
1-2 tbsp Olive oil
1 can coconut milk
2 cup vegetable broth
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare the red pepper, squash, and garlic for roasting. De-seed the pepper, and squash, chop them into reasonable sizes. If using cloves and not an entire bulb of garlic, peel. You can cover in olive oil in a bowl for an even coating, or simply go chef style and sprinkle some on once the veggies are on the baking sheet.
3. Place about half the veggies, half the can of coconut milk and half the broth in a blender. Puree until smooth. Pour into a large pot on medium-high heat.
4. Repeat step 3 with other half of ingredients.
5. Heat soup for 10-15minutes until it is hot and fragrant.
6. Serve with fresh bread. This soup is also great a few days later, so bring leftovers to work and eat it in front of your jealous coworkers.