Life always seems to get busy all at once. One thing changes, and in a domino like affect everything else has to change too.
For my RD internship I’m back in a fast paced clinical setting, and I’m preparing for next week when the pace picks up even more as I begin my rotation in the hospital ICU (Intensive Care Unit). I have 10+ page papers to read every night (very very dry papers), I’m trying to make sure I fit in time to exercise (am now getting into the AM exercising, the transition has been good and I’m loving it!) and within all that blogging has fallen to the wayside.
And fortunately I forgot all my readings at work (uh-oh weekend will be busy now) or there might not have even been a post tonight.
So in apology for no posts until Thursday this week I am giving you a recipe.
Banana Bread! A classic but a goody.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup white flour
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3-4 mashed bananas (1.1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350* and grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl mix together rolled oats, whole wheat flour, white flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
3. In a smaller bowl mix together brown sugar (I like to put the brown sugar in wet ingredients as I find it mixes better) mashed bananas, egg, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
4. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir until thoroughly combined. Pour into loaf pan, and bake for 1 hour, checking around 55min to see if it’s down (poke a toothpick or knife into the center of the loaf and if it comes out clean it is done.
Perfect with a little bit of buttah.
Enjoy, in sunshine or rain.
Now I must be off, I remembered I have one article I can read tonight. So I might as well be a little productive, right?